- Room 3 Caledonian Suites, 70 West Regent Street, Glasgow, G2 2QZ
- Tel. 0044 141 333 6655; Fax: 0044 141 333 1116
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Bynorth, Policy and Communications Officer, International contacts
- Mr Nigel Kerr, Chair of Board of Trustees
- Dr Gordon MacKay, Depute Chair of Board of Trustees
Organisation and objectives
Environmental Protection Scotland (EPS) was founded in 2012 and established following the contraction of Environmental Protection UK. It maintained and developed its membership services and has established itself as the national forum in Scotland for practitioners and policy makers in environmental protection and improvement to come together to
- Share knowledge and best practice,
- Provide quality training and development for environmental practitioners
- Support innovative practice, and
- Provide impartial, scientific and critical analysis on European, UK and Scottish environmental legislation.
EPS works towards a cleaner, quieter, healthier, sustainable Scotland in the fields of air quality, land quality and noise.
Now in its fifth year of operation, EPS has an expanded staff of 3. It has 75% of Scottish Local Authorities as members as well as the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, Health Protection Scotland and a number of consultancies and universities.
Provide training events
Respond to relevant consultations
Coordinate 2018 Clean Air Day in Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government
Contribute to relevant government and other agency meetings
EPS is in the process of developing a number of publications and public information leaflets.
A monthly online newsletter for members