Committee for Air Pollution Study and Research
- c/o Instituto di Merceologia, Corso Italia 55, I-95127 CATANIA, Italy.
- Tel and fax: +390-095 383 452; E-mail: email@example.com
- President: Professor Giuseppe Fumarola
- Vice-president :
- Hon. Presidents : Professor Umberto Ruggiero, Professor Giuseppe Zerbo
- Secretary: Professor Luca Rubini, firstname.lastname@example.org
- International coordinator: Prof. G. Fumarola, e-mail: email@example.com; tel./fax : +39-6-3630 8532
Organization and Objectives
CSIA-ATI was founded in 1965. It has individual supporting bodies as members. CSIA is a special committee working within the frame of the Italian Thermotechnical Association, founded in 1947 with the main object of promoting and supporting research and activities in thermotechnics. In 1965 an ad hoc group, Gruppo di Studio Inquinamento Atmosferico was established for the purpose of creating a specialised scientific centre for technical and social reference in air pollution control, a problem closely related to thermotechnics and energy use. In 1983 the Group was renamed CSIA.
• organisation of conferences and meetings on prevention of air pollution;
• technical and scientific collaboration with doctorate in research in “Technology and Economics of processes and products for the protection of the environment” of the University of Catania;
• the exchange and dissemination of information about air pollution and control methodologies related to environment conservation.
La Termotecnica, monthly published by ATI.