Society for Environmental Engineering
- Head Office: c/o Fraunhofer Institut für Chemische Technologie (ICT), D-76318 PFINZTAL (Berghausen), P.O. Box 1240, D-76318 PFINZTAL (Berghausen), Germany
- Tel.: +49-721-4640 391; Fax: +49-721-4640 345; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.gus-ev.de
- President: Dr.-Ing. Karl-Friedrich Ziegahn
- Executive Director: Dr.-Ing. Thomas Reichert
- Secretary : Sabine Aref
- EFCA liaison : Dr.-Ing. Thomas Reichert
Organisation and objectives
The German based Gesellschaft für Umweltsimulation e.V. (Society for Environmental Engineering) was founded in 1969. GUS is a not-for-profit association in the area of environmental science and technology. Its primary focus is on the interaction between environmental conditions and technical products, components, and materials. The technical objective is the enhancement of functional behaviour, quality, reliability and service life of any equipment aiming ultimately on a more sustainable product design and usage. GUS supports the development of environmental engineering on a non-profit basis, e.g. by information exchanges. It arranges contacts with environmental laboratories, between users and manufacturers of equipment for environment simulation and the measuring technology connected. Members and their representatives work on a honorary basis. GUS is financed by contributions and donations. Members hold seminars and participate in professional committees.
GUS is a founding member of the Confederation of European Environmental Engineering Societies (CEEES), with partner organizations in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Great Britain, Italy, Portugal, The Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland and Germany working together.
Monographs, books, brochures and proceedings of the GUS annual technical conferences.